Saturday 31 May 2014

Seems I can't do three things at the same time ...

Ah, well! What did I expect? I wanted to 1) complete Gift Aid application - GOES urgently needs some money, 2) Start a new book and 3) have a holiday.
 Managed 1)  - but it took a lot longer than I expected. Failed to do it on line so requested the paper forms from HMRC who kindly sent half of the ones I needed..
Managed 2) - I've written the first 1,500 words of a new book, which I hope will sell well and make GOES rich enough to do all sorts of good things.
Also managed 3) - a few days spent with our daughter, eating good food and visiting new places.

All we need now is to sit back and wait for the money to roll in ... well, £15 of it rolled in from 'Easysearch' - a search engine which donates 0.5p for every time you use it and donates the money to a charity selected by the user - thank you, friends of GOES1 £15 is a lot of half pennies but you see how it mounts up.

I'm thinking of putting 'Chasing Freedom Home' on free offer for a few days so that friends in Africa, who the story belongs to, can have a chance of reading it. Obviously people in the wealthy West won't begrudge the charity its income from the sale ( $3 or £1.80 ) ! I'll let you (and facebook and twitter) know when the free offer takes place.

No comments: