Thursday 29 September 2016

Home again!

No, not from Gambia for once! We went to stay with some relatives, who also happen to be best friends, in Germany. We had a wonderful, exciting and funny time. Lots of laughter, lots of good food and good company. Visited the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz, for the third time. I'm fascinated by the history of printing and this visit included a demonstration of type-casting 1439 style.
Back to work now, though I wasn't entirely idle while we were away - Jodie has gained a couple of thousand new words and endured some heavy editing.
Just thought I'd let you know we're back in the real world now (had to deal with wasps in the house, a computer on the blink and Windows 10 not recognising most of my passwords. Just a normal day. I need a haircut almost as much as I need more Plum Tart and Black Forest Gateau!)

P.S. If you get the chance to hear a choir called 'PopCHORn' take it. They are brilliant!

No comments: